Friday, April 20, 2007

Done At Last... ...

FUCK!!!I missed the 12 MN limit!!! Shit...now today's post is gonna be under tml's post...I hate this kinda thing... ...Fuck lah...Was too busy doing stuff that I lost track of time... ...Fuck...I almost made it one loh...If not because of my faulty internet connection... ...

*Smirks*

Wats this?... ...Post Option... ...Post time and date...LOL...4/20/07, 11:59 PM GAO TIM (Settle in a chinese dialect)...Wish I knew of this option earlier lol... ...

Ok...Now that the date issue is settled... ...Back to the main prob... ...

I mentioned this thing called Self-Cert in my previous posts but hav not really explained myself yet... ...

First of all is that SP has this notebook scheme that makes it compulsory for ALL freshmen to own a notebook(Cool huh?)... ...U can either buy from the sch or buy ur own one outside... ...Buying from the school is of course cheaper but there are only two brands, Acer and Fujitsu, up for sale at SP... ...Not wanting my choice of notebook to be limited (And because I did not particularly care about the student discount...Not that I need it... ...) I decided to purchase a laptop from outside the school... ...Wat I didnt know was that if u buy from outside vendors...U hav to go for this 5 hr thingy that installs about 15 GB worth of software and stuff into ur laptop...If u brought it from the sch...The laptop comes pre-installed wif these softwares... ...That was when our problems began... ...

Cheng Wai and I did not purchase our notebooks from the sch so we decided to meet up to do the Self-Cert together... ...The Self-Cert involves reformatting one's laptop to fit the Windows XP professional OS...They do not accept ANY other OSes...Not even diff versions of XP like XP Media Center Edition like mine was...Cheng, being the lucky bastard that he is, already uses XP professional and could skip the 1 hr 30 min step of reformatting and installing XP... ...So he got a significant head start...And because they reformatted my com...I had to reinstall ALL my drivers in order to hav my com running properly again... ...

And because of the sch's FUCKED up internet connection...It took me more than one and a half hours to DL the wireless driver and because the driver cant work without the driver I can set the config of the wireless to enter the sch's wireless thingy which further set things back... ...I was using a LAN cable to connect to the internet at that time btw... ...

We felt kinda out of place at that time as we looked like the only ones who were hard at work to self-cert our notebooks...Everybody else were doing their own stuff... ...Some were watching show...some playing games and some even slping... ...Cheng Wai said that by their looks...He thinks that they have given up....And that it wont be long b4 we join them... ...We were laughing at our own expense when we notice this couple that didnt seem to be doing anything... ...They were not slping...playing...or watching anything... ...They were jus sitting together and staring at the screen of the gal's laptop... ...

Then we saw the problem... ...The gal's laptop was a mac! LOL!!! Nice one...Trying to install XP on a mac...Conform got prob one lah... ...Cheng was like laughing all the way and saying that they were praying to the mac laptop to work... ...lol...

After seeing this we seemed to hav gained some confidence in ourselves to chiong finish the farking self-cert after laughing at the demise of others... ...

Lol...Glad we finished it...Wonder how that gal is doing now... ...

No comments: