Thursday, March 1, 2007

Mucus... ...

Came down wif high fever early afternoon yesterday... ...started from running nose and a cold few days back... ...Feeling terrible... ...I hav not felt this terrible since i contracted dengue last year...hope it isnt dengue this time... ...Luckily...i dun hav any symptoms that is attributed to dengue like muscles aches and rashes other than fever...yet... ...Serangoon Gardens seem to be dengue central of Singapore, wat wif all the banners around and being listed as a dengue hot spot... ...

U know wat is the worse thing wif having fever and a cold? It's not the constant heat radiating from ur body... not the lethargic feeling... not the sore eyes... not even the intense on and off headaches... ...The worse thing about falling ill is the MUCUS!!!Those GOD DAMNED sticky substances jus keep filling up the god damn nose... ...I had trouble sleeping because of all the mucus dripping out my nose... ...I was very tired and was feeling extremely sick at that time so i did not bother getting tissue or going to the toilet...i jus wipe my nose wif the back of my hands and rub them "clean" on my pillowcase and went back to sleep... lol... ...but the mucus refused to stop flowing so i resorted to covering my nose rills wif my fingers and went to sleep breathing through my mouth ...lol... ...When they say "Sick as a dog... ...". They really mean "Sick as a dog... ...", my nose was as wet as the wettest dog nose... ...

After slping for over 12 hrs i couldnt continue to do so but i still haven regenerated all my energy to play or watever so i went to the toilet to clear out the truck load of mucus stuck in my nasal cavity...but no matter how many times i blew my nose...more mucus will form... ...i had to blow so hard that i felt as if my brains were gonna spurt right out from my nose (The nasal cavity and the neurocranium is connected... Ancient Egyptians used hooks to pull the brains out of dead guys ready for mummification from the nose rills... ...) for my nose to be clear for five minutes...

I then went on to do something boh liao... ...I stood in front of the toilet bowl and faced downwards... letting my mucus slowly stretch towards the surface of the water in the toilet bowl... ...Turns out that my mucus can stretch all the way to the surface of the water without breaking in half... ...But once my mucus touched the surface of the water...the water pulls the mucus in, snapping the long line of mucus in two and causing my end of the mucus line to snap back into my nose... then it went on to resume stretching slowly towards the surface of the water once again... ...

There is one pleasure attainable from a cold though... ...And that is a loud and hearty sneeze... ...When u hav a cold... NOTHING... i and do mean NOTHING beats a great big ARCHOO!!!

No comments: