Thursday, March 22, 2007

WTF?!?!?! U CALL THIS DMC?!?!?!

U know wat Derick?... U were right... Devil May Cry 2 DOES suck... ... OMG it was a one day game lah... Anyone that wants a quick PS2 action fix...Go for DMC 2...But dun keep ur hopes up...this game exists purely to cure temporary boredom from the endless RPGs (Not that RGPs arent fun... ...)

I woke up quite early today (2 AM) and decided to play (Cause I hav nothing else to do... ...)... I suddenly did not feel like playing Square-Enix related games like Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Kingdom Hearts 2 and Final Fantasy (All of them) as wat boredom needs is not strategic RPGs but button mashing action games... ...I looked through my collection and came upon DMC 2 (Yes, I hav a lot of games I dun even know I hav... ... Jus the other day...I found out I had Viewtiful Joe 2... ...). I decided to try DCM 2 as I was REALLY impressed wif Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening and I wanted to see wat Dante was like when he was older... ...BAD decision... ...IT SUCKED BAD!!! Although I did not waste a lot of time on it... ...took me less than 6 hrs to complete the game... ...

Graphics:
The first thing I noticed when I loaded up the game was that its graphics are MUCH lousier than DMC 3...U might think that this is reasonable as DMC 3 came after DMC 2...But the graphics for DMC 2 is as good as PS 1 graphics...Even Final Fantasy VIII looks better than DMC 2 (Serious...) ...Any of FF VIII's Guardian Force will put DMC 2's so-called Demons to shame...I mean...Jus look at Shiva will ya?!

Moves:
The amount of moves that Dante has in DMC 2 is also VERY limited...When I took a peek at the action list...I only saw the basic Air Hike...Stinger and...and...cant remember...SEE WAT I MEAN?!?!?! DMC 2 got so little moves that I cant even recall 3...I mean...DMC 3 had cool moves like Million Strike and...watever...cant remember...But only because I long time nvr play DMC 3 liao...But to be fair...DMC 2 givs Dante added maneuverability wif moves that allow his to run up wall and stuff like that... ...

Weapons:
One of the things that I most look forward to in a DMC game is its wide array of very different weapons...I mean...in DMC 3 they had a set of gauntlets and boots which shot beams of light and an electric guitar that summon bats!!!(For those who hav yet to experience DMC 3...As ridiculous as these weapons sound...they are REALLY cool...) And every weapon has its own set of move list and combos that make fighting enemies NVR boring... I thought that I would endure a bit of crappy DMC 2 jus to see wat weapons they came up wif...I was FUCKING disappointed... ...Rebellion (Dante's default weapon...A double edged sword...) already has a disappointing move list wif only standard moves like Stinger, Lift and the normal 3-hit combo... I was hoping that the other weapons would be more interesting...didnt happen...The other two weapons(Yup...only two...)...One was a double edged broadsword named Vendetta and another is a double edged longsword...They hav NO SPECIAL ABILITIES and they hav the EXACT SAME MOVES as Rebellion...haiz...And if u unlock Dante's DMC costume in DMC 2 u can use force edge...which is his father's sword...Hav EXACT SAME STATS as Rebellion...only looks different...Honestly...I see no point in making these weapons... ...

Storyline/Plot:
The storyline and plot in DMC 2 in MINIMAL...No story other than the one they gave u at the beginning of the game...no twist and turn...no NOTHING...Every mission is jus playing through and fighting that boss that has NO RELATIONSHIP to the game...They did not even ATTEMPT to link the bosses to the story...they jus PLACED that boss there to fight Dante... ...

Puzzles:
Stupid puzzles that serves more as an irritant than a brain wreck...U wan puzzles? Play DMC 3...Onimusha...Resident Evil or God of War...Dun play DMC 2...

Difficulty:
IT WAS TOO FUCKING EASY!!!I mean...I completed the game in SIX HOURS LAH!!! I think thats y ppl compliant that DMC 3 was too farking hard...(I found it ok though...And Derick...I found back my touch...Now can defeat Vergil using only Rebellion...)

Length:
IT WAS TOO FUCKING SHORT!!!I mean...I completed the game in SIX HOURS LAH!!! I took 1 whole day to complete DMC 3...

Unlockables:
Capcom games...to me...always had great unlock of completing their games...For the Megaman series...It was different modes for Megaman (Be it Zero or X or jus Megaman...) Mavel vs. Capcom had secret characters like Golden War Machine and Shadow Lady...Onimusha 3: Demon Siege had the side story game , Adventures of Heihachi and Weapons from the first game, Raizan, Enryuu and Shippuu...Guess wat DMC 2 gave? They gave ONE measly costume...NO bonus art...NO extra character and NO concept art...and guess wat? The costume is not Dante in cool Legendary Dark Knight or stuff like that...It is Dante dressing in Diesel clothing -_- Yes, the clothing company...tok about lame marketing scheme...

Dante:
He got all emo and serious in DMC 2...no longer trash toking... ...

Bottom line...DMC 2 SUCKS...apparently...It doesnt live up to its predecessor...From wat I heard...the original Devil May Cry was LEGENDARY!!! Even DMC 2 had difficulty topping DMC...I quote a unknown source (Cant remember lah), "Fans and critics alike agree that it just might be equal, if not superior, to the first game." Means that DMC is still very good compared to DMC 3 in spite of that fact that DMC was created YEARS ago...

But to be fair...DMC 2 was developed by a team different from the one that developed the original DMC... ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dude. I know the game sucked but seriously?! It's obviously gonna have less weapons and less well everything ya know. It's like playing Uncharted 2 first then Uncharted 1 or Halo 3 then Halo 1. If you did you'd be like, the graphics suck, no dual wielding, or the fighting system sucks or is too complicated. The game sucked period though but you still can't compare it to a game that came out after it.

Leonard said...

Lol I gonna assume that u found this page while searching for info regarding the recently announced DmC game. FYI I dun really like the new "reboot" Dante either.

But anywayz about my loath for DMC 2 it wasn't purely based on comparison to the 3rd game. I've played plenty of games backwards, eg playing MGS3 b4 MGS1 and 2, so I'm more than prepared to accept a certain amount of suck to a game compared to its sequels. But DMC2 was jus too much.

Speaking of playing backwards, I did go about playing the original DMC after writing this post.(Its been wat? 3 yrs? lol) And even compared to a game that came b4 it DMC2 sucked sooo... *Crosses fingers for DmC remake

ordosan said...

Ahh random found rants that I had to stop at. shame that I was 3 years late in posting but i fully agree with you. this game kinda was a let down compared to the rest of the dmc. I think I had more fun playing the second disk then I did with the first in this game. and I think you have a point about dmc3 being too hard only because dmc2 was too easy. I been wondering why people said 3 was so hard shame I dont have enough sense to lok at the obvious awnser their.
Of course your could have chilled on the graphics part a bit...at least it looked better than 1 and the controls were easier to use.

DMC3 DMD mode only best mode to play when you need a real challenge